We made this adorable doll house pillow using Cakies‘ pattern on A Beautiful Mess. (We adapted the pattern a bit. You can find all the details below.) This pillow is awesome! It’s a pillow + doll house. We used my new Penned Pals and Kona cottons. So.much.fun!
(all photos by Mary Craven Photography, except for 3, 4 and 6)
- Cut 6 pieces of fabric cut 7″ x 9″ each for the windows/window pockets.
- Place 2 window pieces right sides together and sew together using a 1/4″ seam leaving a 3″ opening across the bottom.
- Clip corners and turn the windows right side out through the opening. Press.
- Repeat for remaining window pieces.
Sewing instructions for the window panes:
- To create the window panes, cut out 3 – 6″ x 8″ pieces of white felt fabric.
- On a piece of paper, measure and draw out a 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ rectangle. Cut it out to use as a template.
- Place the paper template 1/2″ from the top and left edges of the felt fabric.
- Using a fabric marking pen, trace the edges of the template. Move the the template to the top right corner of the felt, and repeat. Do the same for the bottom two edges to create the 4 window panes.
- Using sharp embroidery scissors, cut out each of the four window panes you traced onto the felt.
- Place the felt fabric on the fabric window/window pocket and sew in place. Do this before sewing the fabric window onto the pillow. Use Wonder Tape or a glue stick if needed to keep the felt in place while sewing.
- Place the fabric window/window pocket in the desired location on the pillow and sew in place. For the window pockets, be sure to leave the top edge unsewn.