Thank you so much for all your kind comments about the Girl Friends doll sewing panels. I thought I’d do a follow-up post with more specific information regarding the doll panels. Let me know if you have any additional questions.
- Each panel is 1 yard (36 inches)
- There are two panels with four girls each. (A total of 8 girls).
- On each of the panels, there’s a name and description of the girl.
- Sewing instructions are provided for each girl
- The sewn dolls measure approximately 14.5 inches in height. (Depending on their hair style.)
- Each doll has an accessory. (See picture below.)
- There are backs for each girl.
Here’s a few sewing tips for the panels from some of my sewing friends:
Press the panels well before cutting them out. When sewing the front pieces to the back pieces, I recommend sewing maybe 1/16″ to the inside of the border to make sure you won’t have any white showing when you turn the doll. – Veronica Lovvorn of SewVery
- To stuff the arms and legs use a hemostat. Erika used an 8″ straight hemostat to to stuff the arms, legs, tricky hair and neck sections. The hemostats are also useful in turning things right side out, too. Reach in and grab the toe then lock it and gently turn the right side out. – Erika of Pink Suede Shoe
(all photos by Kelle)