(Morgan is here from Sweet Stitches to share with you guys a SUPER simple tutorial . . . even I could make this with my minimal sewing skills).
Hi! I am so excited to be doing a guest-post here on Kelle’s blog! Thank you for having me! Got 10 minutes, some scrap fabric and a rubber band? Then you have all you need to make a cute and useful headband perfect for those bad hair days, working out, or hanging out!
I came up with this headband when I was pregnant with my daughter, for those days when I didn’t feel like fixing my hair. I probably made at least 10 just for me! It really is a very easy project, I hope you all get a lot of use out of it.
First, gather your supplies:
– Scrap piece of fabric
– rubber hair band
– marking pen
– straight pens
– sewing machine
1. Cut your fabric to 21″x3.5″.
2. Fold the fabric piece in half (with right sides together) long ways and sew along the unfinished edge with a 1/4 seam allowance. Flip right side out. Using your iron, press the headband so that the seam is in the middle of one side. (See the picture if you are unsure of what I mean.) The side with the seam is now the ‘bottom’ side of the headband.
3. With the bottom side facing up, fold down the corners of one end to make a point. Press with your iron.
4. Grab your rubber band and fold the pointed edge of the headband over it and pin. Make sure you are pinning on the side with the seam.
5. Sew a triangle onto the folded point of the headband.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 with the other unfinished end. Make sure not to twist the headband.
That’s it! Fast and easy.
* Please note: to put on, I find it easiest to place the rubber band at the back of your head then pull on.
Thank you so much Kelle, for letting me share my fun little tutorial on your blog!